Skip to main content

Toy Drive

See weekly letter to Aaron below in separate post...

The toy drive was a great success (as the picture to the left shows). We would like to thank all of you that participated. It warms our hearts that Aaron was in your thoughts and on your hearts this holiday season. We know there will be a lot of kids that will LOVE all the new things. We wanted to let you all see what we collected! Hopefully next year we'll have the second annual toy drive in Aaron's Memory. Here's the list:


A Baby Gym *this was from mommy and daddy*
4 Fuzzy posters
2 Twenty Question games
13 Teething rings
5 rattles
a rattle/teether
2 mini-magnadoodles
16 matchbox cars
4 hot wheels
High School Musical DVD
Cars DVD
Little Rascals DVD
Haunted Mansion DVD
Air Buddies DVD
Nanny McFee DVD
Barnyard DVD
Teen Titans for Game Cube
3 pairs of socks
1 pair of slippers
8 lip glosses
Stack of rings
Elmo see and say
Latch hook kit
hand held Tetris game
Yahtzee
Sorry
Little People Airplane
Baby Einstein pop up book
Leap from puzzle
Winnie the Pooh Bear
16 coloring books
2 sticker books
1 word find
2 crayola art frames paper stacks
8 packs of stickers (including 1 Hello Kitty - I have a feeling that was picked just for Drummer)
10 - 8 packs of Crayola Crayons
1 pack glitter crayons
3 packs large crayons
2 packs anti roll crayons
1 pack washable crayons
4 packs washable markers
So it was definitely a lot and things for all age groups. We thank you again from the bottom of our hearts not only for the toy drive but for everything in 2006! We love you all!
Drummer and DrummerWife


Comments

Anonymous said…
Great job on the toy drive! It was alot of fun shopping with the kids and talking about what Aaron would like or what he would like other children to have as a gift. What a wonderful, sure-to-be-annual event in Aaron's memory.

Love,
Roxie
Anonymous said…
What a wonderful way to honor your son Aaron's memory. How beautiful! I myself had a preemie born 6 weeks premature the day after x-mas. He is now 4 yrs old. We honor him by volunteering with the March of Dimes, we are an ambassador family. It's something to look into if you dont do this already :)

Katie

Popular posts from this blog

Aaron didn't make it.

About 3 hours ago, Aaron passed away. After speaking with his doctors earlier in the last few weeks, we decided that if at any point they were no longer supporting Aaron's life, but instead preventing him from dying, that we didn't want him to suffer any longer. We reached that point this morning. Aaron had been struggling for life from Day One, and after surgery, and several weeks of fighting, Aaron ran out of strength. He fought hard, but the strain of surgery just proved to be too much for him. I'm sure I'll feel up to posting more information later. I just don't seem to have any energy left in me for relating this at the moment. But I did feel it was important to share this information with all of you who have been keeping tabs on us. Thank you for your concern, your prayers, and your well-wishes during this difficult time. We love you. P.S.: I'd like to leave you with the following lyrics that popped into my head while we held Aaron as he passed away. They

Thank you all from the bottom of our hearts

We feel so loved and supported right now and would like to thank each and every one of you. Whether we know you or not we know we are in your thoughts. We told Aaron each and every day how loved he was and I know that he knew that. I know that all of you were praying for a different outcome in all of this, but obviously God had a different plan. There are moments when I am at peace with this and moments when I am not. As hard and upsetting as it was - I am not sure I will ever experience a more peaceful moment as I did when I sat there holding Aaron after they had all the tubes and wires off and before he actually passed. Yes, I did hold him the whole time - at first I didn't think I could but God gave me the strength and I am so happy that I did. Josh pointed out last night that the time they placed him in my arms was at 12:44 pm. Ironically, Aaron was born at 12:44 am - I don't think that was a coincidence. My brother-in-law pointed out to me that Aaron was in our lives for 3

IT WASN'T NEC!

After a long day of sitting at the hospital, hoping for the best, and preparing for the worst, the surgeon came in to talk to us and revealed to us that things went better than anyone could have possibly expected. Aaron never had an infection. What he did have though, was a hernia. He had a loop of intestine trapped beneath another loop, and while it was never "infected," it was trapped and deprived of blood, so it was dead. The surgeon removed the damaged loop, and thankfully, there is plenty more intestine left in there for Aaron. He's recovering peacefully from today's surgery, and was already at 28% oxygen (21% is room air) on the ventilator, and his other stats were all back where they were pre-surgery. He's doing fine. I want to thank everyone for their prayers and well-wishes during this time. I fully believe that Aaron wouldn't have rebounded from yesterday's procedure so quickly, and wouldn't have been as ready for today's if not for those