Skip to main content

29 Weeks

Make sure you also see the post below about Christmas messages...

Happy 29 Week Heaven Day peanut! Christmas is getting so close. I know what it’s like here…I can’t imagine how wonderful Christmas is in Heaven. I have already gotten several Christmas notes that people wrote to you. Each one has made me cry. People still think about you a LOT. I can’t wait to read them all on Christmas Day. Last year I thought I would burst if Christmas didn’t get here soon. That was when we told everyone that Mommy was pregnant…I had HIGH hopes for this year. The things we would have done. It’s definitely going to make me sad that you aren’t here. Daddy had a good idea last night. When we go to our Christmas gatherings, we’re going to take your candle and the stocking for people to write you some notes on, but daddy also suggested we take something you actually touched or wore, so we’re going to take you little blue hat with us as well. We’re going to take the toys Saturday I think. We ended up with a lot! Daddy and I still need to go and pick out OUR gift…probably tomorrow night. That’s going to be a little rough, but I really want to pick out a toy for about a 4 month old.

I found this poem online. Another Mommy that lost her child wrote this. I hope and pray that this is exactly what Christmas will be like for you…

I see the countless CHRISTMAS TREES around the world below with tiny lights like HEAVEN’S STARS reflecting on the snow.
The sight is so SPECTACULAR please wipe away that tear for I am spending CHRISTMAS WITH JESUS CHRIST this year.
I hear the many CHRISTMAS SONGS that people hold so dear but the SOUND OF MUSIC can't compare with the CHRISTMAS CHOIR up here.
I have no words to tell you of the JOY their voices bring for it is beyond description to HEAR THE ANGELS SING.
I know HOW MUCH YOU MISS ME, I see the pain inside your heart for I am spending CHRISTMAS WITH JESUS CHRIST this year.
I can't tell you of the SPLENDOR or the PEACE here in this place Can you just imagine CHRISTMAS WITH OUR SAVIOR face to face
I'll ask him to LIFT YOUR SPIRIT as I tell him of your love so then PRAY FOR ONE ANOTHER as you lift your eyes above.
Please let your HEARTS BE JOYFUL and let your SPIRIT SING for I am spending CHRISTMAS IN HEAVEN and I’m walking WITH THE KING


I love you baby boy!
Mommy

Comments

Anonymous said…
Again, I should never read the blog at my desk during work. Your entry and the poem have left me in tears. It is hard and gets harder each day we get closer to Christmas. The poem reminds that we should rejoice knowing that our precious Aaron is with our Saviour.

Love, Mom W
Anonymous said…
"My First Christmas In Heaven"

I see the countless Christmas trees
around the world below,
with tiny lights like heavens stars
reflecting on the snow.

The sight is so spectacular,
please wipe away the tear
For I am spending Christmas
with Jesus this year

I hear the many Christmas songs
that people hold so dear
But the sounds of music can't compare
with the Christmas choir up here

I have no words to tell you,
the joy their voices bring,
For it is beyond description,
to hear the angels sing

I know how much you miss me
I see the pain inside your heart
but I am not so far away
We really aren't apart.

So be happy for me dear ones,
You know I hold you dear,
and be glad I'm spending Christmas
with Jesus this year.

I sent you a special gift,
from my heavenly home above
I sent you each a memory
of my undying love

After all love is a gift more
precious than pure gold
It was always most important
in the stories Jesus told.

Please love and keep each other,
as my father said to do
For I can't count the blessings or love
he has for each of you.

So have a Merry Christmas and
wipe away that tear
Remember I'm spending Christmas
with Jesus Christ this year.

Author: Unknown

Thinking of you both this Holiday Season!
Love,
Skylin and Dylan

Popular posts from this blog

Aaron didn't make it.

About 3 hours ago, Aaron passed away. After speaking with his doctors earlier in the last few weeks, we decided that if at any point they were no longer supporting Aaron's life, but instead preventing him from dying, that we didn't want him to suffer any longer. We reached that point this morning. Aaron had been struggling for life from Day One, and after surgery, and several weeks of fighting, Aaron ran out of strength. He fought hard, but the strain of surgery just proved to be too much for him. I'm sure I'll feel up to posting more information later. I just don't seem to have any energy left in me for relating this at the moment. But I did feel it was important to share this information with all of you who have been keeping tabs on us. Thank you for your concern, your prayers, and your well-wishes during this difficult time. We love you. P.S.: I'd like to leave you with the following lyrics that popped into my head while we held Aaron as he passed away. They

Thank you all from the bottom of our hearts

We feel so loved and supported right now and would like to thank each and every one of you. Whether we know you or not we know we are in your thoughts. We told Aaron each and every day how loved he was and I know that he knew that. I know that all of you were praying for a different outcome in all of this, but obviously God had a different plan. There are moments when I am at peace with this and moments when I am not. As hard and upsetting as it was - I am not sure I will ever experience a more peaceful moment as I did when I sat there holding Aaron after they had all the tubes and wires off and before he actually passed. Yes, I did hold him the whole time - at first I didn't think I could but God gave me the strength and I am so happy that I did. Josh pointed out last night that the time they placed him in my arms was at 12:44 pm. Ironically, Aaron was born at 12:44 am - I don't think that was a coincidence. My brother-in-law pointed out to me that Aaron was in our lives for 3

IT WASN'T NEC!

After a long day of sitting at the hospital, hoping for the best, and preparing for the worst, the surgeon came in to talk to us and revealed to us that things went better than anyone could have possibly expected. Aaron never had an infection. What he did have though, was a hernia. He had a loop of intestine trapped beneath another loop, and while it was never "infected," it was trapped and deprived of blood, so it was dead. The surgeon removed the damaged loop, and thankfully, there is plenty more intestine left in there for Aaron. He's recovering peacefully from today's surgery, and was already at 28% oxygen (21% is room air) on the ventilator, and his other stats were all back where they were pre-surgery. He's doing fine. I want to thank everyone for their prayers and well-wishes during this time. I fully believe that Aaron wouldn't have rebounded from yesterday's procedure so quickly, and wouldn't have been as ready for today's if not for those